Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Monday, 5 December 2016
Monday afternoon, on my way to the University for an evening of exam preparation. Glad to be outside for a little while, while it's still daylight.
thankful for days off work to prepare for my exam // thoughts from a university reading room, part II
Dialektstudier krever kraftig tradisjonskost. Det gjør også kveldsarbeid, ikke sant @marenlerang?
plus it's snowing on my piano // christmas traditions in the making
freshly chopped // oh the smell
Particularly looking forward to the Brussel sprouts - roasted, with bacon and parmesan.
morning routines made less whiny // plus Davendra Banhart
She stood outside the front door for a while, taking in the view. "It's so pretty, mamma. It looks like the light pushes away the darkness."
My body has been fuelled by caffeine, sugar and carbohydrates during last week's exam preparations. Trying to remedy the decay with a nutrition packed lunch salad of alfalfa sprouts, avocado, canned tuna (in olive oil), fresh coriander and lemon juice. Yum!
iso for dark months
Friday Fretex catch // secondhand books for Sara
all full // I hate dealing with this
When building the fort is more fun than playing in it.
Happy to frolic in the fallen leaves. Not happy about getting wet leaves stuck to his hands. Oh the life of a toddler.
- - -
Week 48: November 28 - December 4
Friday, 2 December 2016
|from the 2009 archives // good morning, December|
- finishing my last exam this semester!
- finally getting the hang of reading phonetics (required for dialect localisation for my Nordic languages studies)
- the (relative) luxury of days spent at the University reading room focusing only on my studies
- being outside walking during daylight
- this new marzipan product from Nidar
- the new Tangram posters from Vitviu
- The First 40 Days
- a frosty morning after several very wet days
- the green plant (I don't know what it's called) in our livingroom is really thriving - it has gotten lots of new leaves lately
- I want to do this with Sara
- been thinking a lot about this delicious peppermint bark lately - I think I need to make a batch very soon (today!), even though I'm (once again) trying to cut down on sugary sweets
- finally getting around to dropping some things of at Fretex (the Salvation Army's secondhand outlet)
- the new H&M advert directed by Wes Anderson, staring Adrien Brody (via Hjartesmil)
- seeing how excited Sara is about the activity advent calendar this year too
- looking forward to today's calendar activity: watching Arthur Christmas together - we both enjoyed it a lot last December
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- due to busy days preparing for my exam, I have spent very little time with Sara and Sverre (and Sølve too) lately
Wednesday, 30 November 2016
|A brief moment of sun yesterday; today is all about the November rain - not to be confused with this.|
- getting the hang of retroflex, palatalisation and apocope; dative case, jamvekt and kløyvd infinitiv not so much
- there is still a lot that I don't have the hang of (at all), but I know I will pass this exam (too)
- Norwegian dialects are quite interesting (PS: Dialektriket)
- strawberry jam for the win
- I love those huge windows
- the grass is very green, even now in late November
- how can people go around with bare ankles in this weather?! (It won't make you chic, just cold.)
- did anyone reply to my comment about Phantom quotes on Facebook yet?
- need to check again; which of these is the retroflex one - this ɲ or ɳ?
- time to check out the nynorsk curriculum
- but first coffee!
- and chocolate
- also, need to refill my water bottle
- and find a bathroom
- I wonder what that blond girl next to me is studying
- time for that coffee
thoughts from a university reading room, part I
Tuesday, 29 November 2016
Monday, 28 November 2016
Quick evening walk to the local bakery to get pastries to celebrate the decision on which job offer to go for. Plus listening to the new episode of #mariellogsara
A pre bedtime walk (in my pyjamas) to reach my goal of 10.000 daily steps. This is what is has come to, all because of the activity watch I got from Sølve for my birthday. And I love it.
Walking home from kindergarten in the 4:30 pm November darkness.
5 minutes dinner for hangry mamma and kids
This little one woke me up at 0515 am + nine other things on this Wednesday list
4:30 pm November darkness, part two. Office desk view reflected.
Thankful for grandmothers who pick up the kids in kindergarten/feed them/put them to bed, so the parents can work and study late.
Wednesday night exam studies // selskapssjokolade, palatalisering og retrofleks flap
5 minutes with a cup of lukewarm coffee. Just what I needed after getting a very whiny Sverre to kindergarten, plus his big sister of course. Who for the record was not whiny; she was just upset about the sauce we put on her pasta for dinner last night. #momlife
Beyond excited about the new 3191 Miles Apart book! Plus curious toddler photo bomb.
Currently into: Taking a stand, on books. As you do.
Upping the 6 am #hygge factor with candles. Survival strategy numero uno when your toddler wakes you up at 0530 on a pitch dark November Saturday.
Here we go again! Saturday at the University reading room - with the best company @marenlerang
Sunday morning post breakfast reading with Sverre and Little Red Riding Hood. "Den!" (this) he said and came to sit in my lap.
Norwegian dialect localisation // slowly getting the hang of reading phonetics
And so it begins.
- - -
Week 47: November 21-27